Residential customers who are unable to comply with the Level 2 restrictions are required to apply for an exemption using the following form. Exemption requests will be assessed on an individual basis.
Level 2 water restrictions were introduced on 20 January 2020 and restrictions include:
- Vehicles and buildings only to be washed using a bucket
- Alternate day outdoor hand watering before 10am and after 4pm for up to 15 minutes.
- No sprinklers
- No hose connected water toys
- No filling or topping up of water features, fountains, ponds or lakes
- Only 'smart' irrigation systems permitted with an approved exemption
Please indicate below if you will need to seek exemption for any of the Level 2 water restrictions. If you hold a Level 1 exemption, this exemption will apply for Level 2 water restrictions.
Our large volumes of exemptions applications have resulted in extended processing times and you will receive a response from us within 10-15 working days. Until your exemption is granted our Community Water Officers will not be enforcing restriction breaches but we ask that you are mindful with your water use while you are waiting for your exemption to be processed.
We will contact you via email to let you know the outcome of your request. If approved, you will receive a confirmation email which will serve as your exemption approval.