Sewer soffit requirements
Download Sewer Soffit Requirements
- Between the soffit of the sewer main and the spill level of the Overflow Relief Gully (ORG), a minimum height of 1200 mm is required.
- The height of 1200 mm may be reduced to 900 mm where the number of properties connected upstream of the subject property does not exceed, or has the potential to exceed 10, or equivalent fixture unit loading, e.g. 30 fixture units per property. The number of upstream properties can be obtained by contacting our Technical Services team.
- Where minimum soffit requirements cannot be achieved, fixtures must be connected to sewer by means of a reflux valve installed in accordance with the Plumbing Code of Australia and AS/NZS3500.2.
- Prior to the installation of the reflux valve, we must be notified of the installation and property details. Please contact us to discuss.
- Only fixtures or whole properties that cannot drain by means of gravity sanitary drainage must be pumped via a private well and grinder pump system. A Technical Assessment application must be submitted to us for review. The installation must be installed to AS/NZS3500.2 in conjunction with our hydraulic review letter and technical specifications.
Thirsty for more advice?
If you need more advice on sewer soffit requirements, get your questions answered by contacting our team.