How do I become an accredited supplier for Developer Works?

To operate as a design consultant or construction contractor within Hunter Water's area of operations for the Developer Works process, you will need to become a part of our Accredited Suppliers Registers. Here we walk you through how to do so in two simple stages.

Please note, this accreditation is only for suppliers undertaking Developer Works activities under a Developer Works Deed. Please see our Information For Suppliers page for information relating to tendering and procurement.


How to get accredited

A design consultant or construction contractor who wants to carry out developer works in Hunter Water’s area of operations must be listed on our Accredited Suppliers Registers.

How to apply to become accredited with us

  1. Download and complete our application form
    To apply to be an accredited supplier, you will need to read our Accreditation Standard and download and complete the following forms:

    Application Form – Accredited Design Consultant, or
    Application Form – Accredited Construction Contractor

    Due to the volume of applications currently received, Hunter Water's next assessment of Accredited Suppliers will be completed in January 2024.
    To be a part of the next assessment, you can email the above form to:

  2. We assess your application
    Hunter Water will assess your application to ensure you meet the requirements set out in Hunter Water's corporate standard for accreditation of suppliers for developer works. This may include (but is not limited to):

    > Confirming your WSAA and/or similar trade licences and accreditation status,
    > Contacting references provided in your application,
    > Reference checking appropriately trained key personnel,
    > Confirming your company has the appropriate and current insurances necessary to carry out works
  3. We provide you with a response
    Once your application has been assessed and a decision has been made, Hunter water will contact you to discuss the requirements under the category of accreditation you have been awarded. You will need to be familiar with the following standards:

    Designer and Constructor requirements for Minor Works
    Designer and Constructor requirements for Major Works
    Designer and Constructor requirements for Complex Works

Thirsty for more advice?

If you need more advice on the accreditation process, get your questions answered by contacting our team.