Hunter Water Hunter Water

Apply for a permit to fill a pool

Level 1 water restrictions now apply throughout the Lower Hunter.

During water restrictions, a permit from Hunter Water is required to fill a pool or spa over 10,000 litres capacity and an appropriate pool or spa cover* must be used.

This applies whether the pool is being filled by a pool or spa company, or by the property owner.

Learn more about what Level 1 water restrictions mean for pools and spas

*An appropriate pool or spa cover is one that is endorsed by the Swimming Pool and Spa Association of Australia or Smart Approved Watermark

Complete this form if you are the property owner or a pool/spa installer acting on the owner'a behalf, and wish to apply for a permit to fill a new or renovated pool.

Your contact details

Pool or spa details

Property details


In applying for this permit, I declare that:

Any information you provide us in this form will not be used for any other purpose. View our Privacy Statement for more details.