Wyee Sewer Transfer Scheme
In 2021, we completed the $30 million Wyee Sewer Scheme, which provided over 400 properties with access to our sewer network, with the capacity for up to 2750 new homes in the future.
However, for a period of time, all wastewater was being transported from the Karagi Street pump station to the local wastewater treatment works via tank trucks.
To eliminate the need for the tanker trucks, we invested $17 million to construct the Wyee Sewer Transfer Scheme. This work included:
- Constructing a 9.2 kilometre pipeline to connect the Karagi Street pump station to the Dora Creek Wastewater Treatment Works
- Upgrading Karagi Street pump station
- Building a new pump station at 32-34 Wyee Road.
We're pleased to advise that all major work on the Wyee Sewer Transfer Scheme is complete, with the system now operational.
Our construction crews will still be in the Wyee area to complete minor restoration works including removing the temporary fencing and installing bollards around Karagi Street pump station. This work will be completed by the end of September 2023.
Additional resurfacing work is required on the access laneway between Badjewoi Street and Collungra Street. This work is expected to be completed by October 2023, during daytime working hours of 7am to 5pm, Monday to Friday and will not impact property access or utility services.
We will be completing minor restoration work along the sewer alignment of Wyee Road. This will involve the use of temporary traffic control to keep our crews safe. Any traffic control arrangements will only be in place for a short period of time.
- June 2022: Construction started on Package A
- July 2022: Construction started on Package B
- May 2023: Package B to be completed
- August 2023: Package A to be completed, the transfer main will become operational and all sewer tanker trucks will be removed.