Our recruitment process
What you need to do to apply for a job with us
- Search our current vacancies for a role that best suits you.
- To apply for a role at Hunter Water, follow the online process to submit your application. Make sure you include your resume, a cover letter and a document that addresses the selection criteria.
- We will contact you if your application meets the role’s selection criteria and you are being progressed to the next stage of the recruitment process. If you aren't progressing, you will be notified via email.
- If the interview is successful, we may check references and working rights. Depending on the role requirements, you may be asked to complete a functional medical assessment and/or a National Police Record Check, as well as a psychometric assessment.
- If you’re right for us and we’re right for you, we’ll make you an offer of employment for you to consider. If you are offered a job with Hunter Water, you will be notified over the phone and receive formal documentation and a Welcome Pack via email.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Recruitment team is here to support you. We can:
- Provide alternative formats to apply
- Make adjustments to the recruitment process
- Offer information about workplace adjustments and support network
We are proud to be an Inclusive Employer committed to Inclusion, Diversity & Equity. People with disability, women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates are encouraged to apply.
INCLUSIVE EMPLOYER 2021-2022
We're excited to have been assessed an Inclusive Employer 2021-2022 by the Diversity Council of Australia. We exceeded the National Index Benchmark for inclusion in all of the measures: Inclusive Organisation, Inclusive Leadership, Inclusive Team, Awareness and Engagement. We have achieved this status due to the importance we place on Inclusion in our organisation (so important that we have made it one of our organisational values).
Working at Hunter Water means you will have a host of benefits at your disposal that can help you create the perfect work-life balance, healthy lifestyle and advance your professional skills.