Building a new house or renovating

It is now a lot easier to lodge your building plans with us for stamping, ready to submit to the council. Follow our three simple steps and you'll be able to begin construction in no time.

How do I lodge an application?

Follow these three steps if you are building or renovating a house.

  1. Are you building over one of our assets?

    First of all, we need to ensure that your construction will not impact on our water or sewer assets. See Building over pipes and easements
  2. Get your plans stamped by us

    For any building, renovation or extension, your plans must be stamped by us before they are submitted to the council. See Building Plan Stamping
  3. If you are building over our asset

    If you are building 1.5 metres or less from one of our water or sewer mains or sewer junction you will need to complete a Build Over Asset Application. You can do this via our Property Self Service Portal. Your application will then be assessed and a letter forwarded to you advising our requirements.

It's my first time applying

If you are a new user, you can submit your plan stamping, build over sewer or development application online, all through our online application portal.

We have made registration for the Developer Self Service portal as simple and easy as possible. It should only take you a minute to complete.

I am already registered

If you would like to submit your plan stamping, build over sewer or development application online, and already have your sign-in details, you can use our online application portal by clicking below.

If you require support on how to manage your account, please see our frequently asked questions.