View all of our current tenders at Tenderlink.
Tendering with Hunter Water
Hunter Water purchasing and tendering policies and processes are designed to make sure that:
- all operational and capital expenditure provide best value, and
- all parties at all times and at all levels adhere to ethical behaviour principles.
This means that the process we use to select suppliers, either by tender or quotation, aims to:
- provide a common basis for submission of competitive proposals
- provide opportunities for equal supplier access and consideration
- be rational and fair to all participants
- take advantage of supplier knowledge and experience
- provide a formal framework for objective evaluation of alternatives and choice of supplier
- ensure compliance with Hunter Water policies
- establish a framework for ethical purchasing that meets the requirements of external bodies such as the Independent Commission Against Corruption
- obtain value for money based on quality, delivery and cost.
Tenders will be conducted by either an open or selective method, depending on the potential value of the contract or the specialist nature of the supply.
After the process is complete, one or more of the following agreements will be established:
- A contract will be awarded to a supplier to be the preferred supplier of a specific good or service, eg concrete pipes.
- A contract will be awarded to a supplier to be the preferred supplier of a category of goods or service, eg safety equipment.
- A contract will be awarded to a supplier to construct or refurbish a Hunter Water asset, eg a water pump station.
- A supplier will be included on a panel of suppliers for a specific service type, eg environmental consultancy.
Anyone wishing to be kept informed of any upcoming tender should register their company details with Tenderlink and an email will be sent to the nominated person within your company, as soon as the tender is issued.
What is the lodgement process?
The normal closing time for tenders are 2pm Wednesday’s and tenders are to be submitted in the method described in the tender documents.
All Tender Schedules must be submitted via Tenderlink, any additional information or copies may be lodged in hard copy ion the tender box located in the foyer of our Head Office.
The hard copies must also be submitted before the closing time and date.