What is water resilience?
Water resilience is about having a reliable water supply that can adapt and respond to change. The goal of the Water Resilience Program is to ensure our region has a sustainable and resilient water system, both now and for the future.
Water Resilience Program goals
The goal of the Water Resilience Program is to ensure our region has a sustainable and resilient water system, both now and for the future. Through this program we will:
- learn with our community to conserve our water together
- take care of our environment to make sure our system is sustainable, both now and for future generations
- look at different water sources and ways to use water presently and in future
- provide opportunities for our community to participate in future decisions about water
- make sure our plans can adapt to future uncertainties, such as population growth, a more variable climate and technological change.
Water is at the heart of the Hunter community. It is essential for our health and well being and is a critical part of our region’s prosperity.
There are lots of people that need to be part of the water conversation – the community, business, industry and government and us.
Our goal is to make sure everyone loves water as much as we do!
Lower Hunter Water Plan
The Lower Hunter Water Plan ensures our region has sufficient water supplies for the future, and uses a whole of government approach to review changes such as climatic conditions, new technologies and approaches, as well as community expectations.
Planning for the future
Water is a crucial resource for the prosperity of our region, so it's important that we have plans in place for our future supply. Here we share what went into determining the Lower Hunter Water Plan as well as how we engage with the community to provide a better water future.