Dirty water after an outage
Sometimes you might notice discoloration with the water. Dirty water happens sometimes after we do maintenance work or emergency repairs.
What to do
- Turn on the outside tap closest to your water meter (collect the water in a bucket for your garden!).
- Run the water until the water is clear (for up to 5 minutes).
- Repeat step 1 and 2 with the tap, at the back of your property.
- Call us on 1300 657 000 if the water does not clear after flushing.
Tips and facts
- Don't do any washing, or use your dishwasher or washing machine, until the water clears.
- Make sure your water is completely clear before using any hot water, as dirty water can affect your hot water system.
- Running a tap for 5 minutes to clear your water uses on average 75 litres if water, which costs about 30 cents.
Contact us for more support and help guides.