Dirty water after an outage
On occasion, issues may arise with the water we supply, including discolouration.
Dirty water can happen during planned maintenance on the water supply network or during emergency repairs to fix a fault in the network.
Here's what to do if you have dirty water after a water outage or after works in your area.
- Run the outside tap closest to your water meter until the water runs clear (for up to five minutes of flushing).
- Run the outside tap at the back of your property until the water is clear (for up to five minutes of flushing).
- Contact us if the water does not clear after flushing.
Helpful tips while your water is dirty
- Don't do any washing or use your dishwasher or washing machine until the discolouration clears.
- Make sure your water is completely clear before using any hot water, as dirty water can affect your hot water system.
- Running a tap for 5 minutes to clear your water uses on average 75 litres of water, which costs about 30 cents.
- Place a bucket under your tap to collect the water and use this on your lawn or garden.
After 5 minutes of flushing your water from your outside tap, the water should run clear. If you are still getting dirty water, please call us on 1300 657 657.