What are you here to do?

Building Plan Stamping

If you are planning, building and/or developing your property you are required to submit your plans to us to check whether there will be no impact on Hunter Water asset. Hunter Water has implemented a new online process for stamping of building plans.

Adding a second dwelling or granny flat

Before you build a secondary dwelling or granny flat, there are a number of approvals and certificates you'll need to obtain from your local council and Hunter Water. Read on to find out where to begin with this process.

Building units and townhouses

When developing your land by building flats, units, duplexes and townhouses, you will need to lodge a development application with us. Read on to find out more about this process and what you may need to do.

Subdividing Land

If you are planning on subdividing land we will need to make sure that each of the newly created lots is serviced and that the infrastructure is appropriately sized in order to service your subdivision. Read on to find out more about the application process.

Building over our assets

There are many conditions to building over our assets. Find out what these conditions are and the applications you'll need to submit to have your construction plans reviewed.

Additional services

Are you a first time developer?

We've made it easier for first-time developers to obtain the certificates and approvals they'll need to get construction underway. Follow our simple steps so you can start on your development.

Dial Before you Dig

Before undertaking any excavation works, it's important that you check for underground pipes and cable networks that could be in the area.