The Australian Death Notification Service lets you notify multiple organisations of a death through one simple, secure online platform, reducing the number of difficult conversations. The service is free to use, available nationally and can be completed anytime, anywhere.
What to do when a property owner passes away
We are here to support you
If you have lost a loved one recently, we understand it is a difficult and emotional time for all, which is why we have made it easy for you to notify us of the deceased estate so we can update or finalise the account.
What do I need to do?
There are a number of ways in which you can notify us of a deceased estate. The easiest option is to visit Australian Death Notification Service (ADNS). Find out more below on how to access.
The Australian Death Notification Service
How does the Australian Death Notification Service work?
- Enter the details of the deceased person.
- Details are checked by ADNS to confirm the death has been registered.
- Enter your contact information details as the notifier.
- Choose the organisations to notify, including Hunter Water.
- Selected organisations are notified by ADNS and we will make contact with you within 10 business days.