Pension rebate

Am I eligible?

At Hunter Water, we offer discounts to eligible pensioners on their water service charges. You are eligible for a Pension Rebate if you are the owner and occupier of a property and hold either a

  • Pensioner Concession Card or
  • Department of Veteran's Affairs Gold Card

Pensioner Concession Card

Pensioner Concession Cards are issued by Centrelink to those receiving an Age Pension, Disability Support Pension or Carer Payment.

Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card

A Gold Card is issued to veterans of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) who: are aged 70 years or over, and have qualifying service under section 7A of the Veterans Entitlements Act 1986 (VEA).

Apply for your pension rebate online

Simply claim your rebate using our easy online form.

Alternatively, you can call our team on 1300 657 657, just have your pension card and an alternative form of identification (Medicare or driver's licence) handy so we can ask you some questions about it.

Make the switch to My Account!

e billing

Have your bill delivered straight to your inbox and manage your account online with My Account. You can also view, pay or download your bills and update your contact details. To register all you need is a copy of your Hunter Water bill.

Concessions for medical conditions

We recognise that some of our customers have medical needs that rely on vast amounts of water, such as for haemodialysis machines. Find out more about our water allowances and how this service is managed.

Frequently asked questions