Applying for the pension rebate is easy.
How to apply for the rebate
- Call us now.
- Have your pension card handy, so we can ask you some questions about it.
- The rebate will be applied to your account.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Who is eligible
- Pensioner Concession Card holders
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card (TPI/TII, war widow/widower or EDA) holders
Pensioner Concession Card
Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card
Conditions of the rebate
- The rebate only applies to the premises a pensioner owns and occupies.
- Properties which form part of a community title, mobile home village or caravan park are not eligible for the rebate.
- There are circumstances where the applicant is not the owner of a property, such as under the terms of a life tenancy, sole beneficiary, or similar agreement, but may still be entitled to the rebate.
- Where applicable, the Environmental Improvement Charge is also waived.
- Pensioners are not eligible for the rebate for any additional premises they may own, such as investment properties.
Notify us when circumstances change
It is important for customers who receive the pension rebate to notify Hunter Water when there is a change in circumstances, such as:
- buying a property to occupy as a permanent residence
- moving, or changing a mailing address
- being away for a long period of time
- leaving Australia for any period
- divorce, separation or death of a spouse