What You Need to Provide

When you are erecting or modifying a residential building, the following information is required when you are lodging an application with Hunter Water:

  • a full set of plans (to scale) - please check with your local council to confirm the number of stamped plans they require
  • Building Plan Stamping Fee
  • description of proposed development
  • description of any existing development

Your plans must be stamped by us before they are submitted to Council.  If your property will not impact on our water or sewer assets we stamp them and they are ready for you to submit to council.

If You are Building Over a Hunter Water Asset

If your building is 1.5 metres or less from one of our water or sewer mains or sewer junction, then you be asked to complete an Application for Build Over Asset. Your application will be assessed and a letter forwarded to you advising of our requirements.

Application Forms