hunter-street-building
1916

A Move to Hunter Street Newcastle West

The Board approved an artist's concept of new offices to be built on Hunter Street in 1913. In August 1915, the Public Works Department let a contract for the construction of the three storey, brick building. The relocation into the new offices took place in 1916. Staff enjoyed the great comfort the new offices provided compared to the cramped conditions in the Customs House.