Constructing Minor Works
If you are only undertaking a small work, it may be possible for you to use a Minor Works Agreement. Minor Works Terms and Conditions.
This is used when your development requires only:
- a small extension of water and/or sewer mains
- sewermain protection work (if you are redeveloping a site).
If your development fits this scenario, the following conditions apply. You must:
- engage an approved design consultants to design the works (we will provide plans of the existing infrastructure and possible connection points)
- lodge a minor works application with us
- receive approval from us to begin work
- give our inspectors three days notice before you intend to start work
- use a licensed plumber to complete works described in the agreement
- complete works within 12 months from the date you submitted your application and paid the fees.
Constructing Major Works
More extensive projects will require detailed survey/design, which mean developers must use an approved consultant to design the works and engage a contractor approved by us to construct the works.
See approved contractors and approved design consultants for a list of suppliers approved to undertake the work.
Once your designs are approved by us, a Major Works Instrument of Agreement will be issued to you. Once this agreement is executed, and the fees covering the inspection and work-as-executed survey are paid, the works can commence.
Please note our inspectors require:
- Three days notice of intention to commence work
- At least five days notice if a water main shutdown is required.